Friday, June 09, 2006

Bi-weekly update

Things are starting to smooth out here, I have kitties, my apartment, a job. Now If I can find someone my own age to talk to, life will be good. Do you know how frustrating it is to get nothing but a blank stare anytime you quote 'Dirty Dancing'?

Our place is coming together nicely, I found this awesome old print of these really orange flowers at a garage sale for $.50, so I hung it in the bedroom where it really sets off our new Ikea Bedding. It's so bright and pretty and calming in there...how will I ever be able to get up in the mornings to go to work?

And speaking of waking up, that has so far been the absolute best part of my day. I'm not saying It's all downhill from there or anything, but every morning when I wake up, it feels like such a happy surprise. No matter how much I complain about Bobi's preference for Crap music or his lack of 'Dirty Dancing' trivia (which, by the way, should improve since I forced him to watch it two nights ago) I know that we go together like Peanut Butter and Honey.

Now I want a sandwich.

Also, I'm currently re-watching season 1 of Carnivale`, anybody have any idea when season 2 comes out on DVD?




I love Clancy Motherfucking Brown. Don't look at me, that's what they call him over at TWOP.

Right now it's about *maybe* 70 degrees, cloudy and overcast and wanting to rain. Think I'll heat up some pound cake and get caught up on 'The 4400'. I've been taking a ton of pictures but can't find the dock to upload them. Solly!

3 comments:

Sleep Goblin said...

I love that feeling, when you wake up and you feel like life is perfect.

I got a new camera! I can't wait for you guys to come down next weekend!!!

Ms. Adventures said...

Well it's good things are settling down.
I'm jealous of your Ikea so stop rubbin it in already.. ;)
no I haven't updated my blog lately cause I'm a lazy slob, I wanted to call you and talk tonight but alas I don't know your hours and don't know your new telephone#.
Do tell about the new job.

Crap music! HA HA. That's funny.

Miss you! love you! :(

Cottage Lady said...

I'm so glad things are falling into place for you! It must be a wonderful feeling!

Oh, and Carnivale Season 2 comes out on DVD next month (July) ... don't know the exact date yet, but Netflix will tell me soon.

; )
E