Saturday, March 18, 2006

Snatching Myself Bald Again

While Brian is otherwise occupied I thought I'd take a second for blogging, since tommorow I've got actual work to do and I'll be going to Charlotte and back.


My father called earlier today, and asked to speak to Brian. I handed the phone over, all panicky and expecting the worst. What my father said was "It was nice to meet you. Have a safe trip back, we hope you had a great time." (to paraphrase) My father has never done that for anyone I've ever been involved with, ever. When I asked my mother why this time was so different, she said "He makes you happy."

We went to see 'V for Vendetta' tonight. When it was over we walked out of the theather with our arms around each other, going over little details about the movie, dinner plans, your basic small talk. As soon as we got in the car I started to cry, which I have continued to do since then.

That's the price you (or I, rather) pay for a perfect week.

Now if you'll forgive me, I must make with the spagetti & valium, so I won't be starving or having a nervous breakdown any time soon.

3 comments:

Sleep Goblin said...

I totally understand how you feel...

But won't this summer be awesome?!

Ms. Adventures said...

Aw hugs Beth.... love you!

kimberlina said...

awwwwwwww... i love being a cape! i'll be walking in a store with anthony and he'll say, "kim as a cape!" and i'll have to hug him round the neck from behind. he's so cute. i love the basic small talk.